Finding a Locksmith in Melbourne
In Melbourne, it is really easy to find yourself a locksmith if you’re locked out or when something goes wrong with any of your locks.It is finding a professional qualified locksmith that is the problem or can be challenging.
How to spot the good from the bad locksmith?
The right locksmith in Melbourne will answer the phone almost straight away. They can quote you over the phone instantly, give you an exact time of arrival and won’t hesitate in letting you know what you need to know straight up. Getting a professional locksmith in Melbourne means your locksmith will turn up on the appointment time given. He will get you into your home or apartment with in 15 minutes with out destroying your lock. An able locksmith will have all types of lock stock in a fully-equipped van. He will change your lock or locks and will leave you with fresh quality keys.
One the other hand, you will get some other locksmiths in Melboune who will never answer the phone. They will not tell you anything you need to know and is easy to give you false quotes.
For example, if a locksmith in Melbourne quotes you $45 to come to your door it is likely they haven’t told you the other costs involved. Be wary! This type of locksmith most likely doesn’t know what they are doing and is just going to rip you off. If it turns out that there is something faulty with your new locks days later, you need good luck trying to get one of these locksmiths back. They will never turn up again and you lose your good money spent.
LocksUnlimited = Top Quality
Locks Unlimited supply flawless quality service. We provide 100% warranty on all workmanship. We turn up on site on time every time, all the time. Our professional locksmiths in the Melbourne area and surrounding areas we cover are here to help 24/7. Simply dial 1300 303 720
Note: The keyword Locksmith Melbourne is used by most locksmiths in Melbourne because its the most searched and clicked on search tool for customers to call. The locksmith Melbourne industry is very competitive in advertising. We all spend a lot on website, google paid advertising and rip off seo companies. In the end, you the customer, is paying for all this business cost so that’s why we charge what we charge.
With today’s constant turnover of houses, flats, apartments, and businesses – it’s important to re-key or update an existing key to a newer one. For the savvy this could mean changing the key’s code. But for the layman consumer – this just means giving the same key a new tick.
Why is rekeying important?
Rekeying ensures that the old keys lying around don’t work anymore. A lot of people say what for? ‘I know the old owners.’ But the other question would be – Do you know everyone else who has had the keys to that same property? This means – other tenants, cleaners, builders, kids, friends, etc. Sometimes people lose yes and forget they even lost their keys. This can be a very risky business, so why take the risk?
Rekeying, LocksUnlimited Expertise
We have re-keyed a lot of properties where they have been robed with no sign of break in. No smashed glass or broken doors. In other words, we know someone has used a key to get in. It’s hard to explain to the police and insurance companies that this has happened without some suspicion. Again, case in point, why take the risk?
Things to consider when moving to a new place
It’s an exciting time to move into a new place. Please consider and take extra care with who does the moving and even who does getting the phone and power services connected and who does getting insurances. Pay attention to who does the updates inside the property to make it your own. But the most important rekeying is often forgotten. but lock and key changing (re-keying) is the most important thing you can do before moving in by far it’s a cost effective way of doing this without the expense of replacing the whole lock.
Your lock and key changing (re-keying) is the most critical thing you can do before moving in. It is a very cost effective way of updating home security without the expense of replacing the whole lock.
What happens when LocksUnlimited mobile locksmith comes to your place?
step 1. we remove your locks from each door
step 2. then the locksmith will pull apart you locks and re-key the cylinders of the locks by changing the locks pins inside the lock
step 3. we then re install the locks onto the door and hand brand new keys to the client
Re-key type of job will normally take around 10 minutes per lock and cost $15 to $25 per key hole. In most cases, all locks can be keyed alike or keyed differently. Security doors are also keyed the same as your front door for convenience. Having one only key proves to be most convenient and preferred by most of our clients. So LocksUnlimited recommends it as the best way to go when rekeying.
Contact us today!
How to improve security at your place of business
We live in a day and age where business owners are faced with constant security threats. Threats abound from competition all the way to burglars. Businesses need to ensure that there are appropriate measures in place to prevent unwanted trespassers stealing and damaging your property and hard-earned money. This unwanted entry can also put your staff and customers in a potentially violent situation.
Burglars Favorite Easy Target – shops and stores
Shops and stores have been repeatedly targeted by criminals. Owners can easily prevent these risks of attacks by simply upgrading security at the place of business. We have done all of the research for you and have the ways you can increase the security of your workplace with relatively low costs:
LocksUnlimited handy tips to secure your business
From LocksUnlimited experience, below are the ways businesses can increase the security of your workplace or business with relatively low costs:
- Do not overcrowd your space. Have a clear view of your whole shop or store. This is essential. Having a crammed store is a thief’s dream! If they can’t see you, you usually can’t see them. This scenario is perfect for them. It makes it hard for you to see exactly have a view of what they have picked up and not paid for.
- Magic Mirrors. Installing mirrors in the corners of your store gives you the ability to target blind spots within your store that can be used for shoplifting.
- A View from the Outside. Have the inside of your shop visible to the people on the street. You can keep your gardens low keeping windows clear. Always ensures that the outside world can see you. This decreases the chance of your store being targeted in an armed robbery.
Securing your business
When it comes to spending money to secure your business it can get really expensive. Depending on specific circumstances, it may be beneficial for your business to consider the following choices to prevent mass theft and damage.
Basic Business Security Tips
For basic security measures, we suggest that you have:
- CCTV. This is now the minimum standard for security. Constantly recording and saving data is key so that if anything happens, you can at least have a view of what exactly happened.
- Alarms. An alarm is one of the biggest deterrents for thieves, The loud sound attracting unwanted attention usually is enough for them to leave.
- Security doors and fly screens. Security doors and fly screens in any structure is essential. Make sure that you have all points of access fitted with a lockable screen.
- Safe. Running a business often means that cash and valuables must be left unattended in the shop while it is closed. We recommend that you have a sturdy safe installed so that you can lock all valuables and cash away.
Further Security, Enhanced Security
For further security for repeatedly targeted businesses, we suggest:
- Security bollards. These are designed to keep vehicles out of areas where they shouldn’t be. We have seen more and more cases of cars being used as a weapon of choice when breaking in. Being able to literally drive through the shop, load up, then drive straight back out.
- Security cage. Many of service stations, liquor stores, and milk bars have installed these security cages to protect their staff and products from theft.
Security person. A security guard, recently is a hit. Many businesses have required the assistance of a professional security guard. Some thieves just don’t care, the thought of being caught doesn’t faze them and know that there isn’t much that you can do to stop them from just walking out. Having a security guard means that your stock will be recovered on a more consistent basis and it will deter most thieves from even attempting to steal in the first place.
LocksUnlimited are here to help call us on 1300 303 720
Handy checklist on how to choose a good locksmith in Melbourne
Keeping our homes and family secure is always a top priority. And choosing a locksmith goes hand in hand with home security. So when you decide to get a locksmith you must exercise some careful consideration.
For some who finds themselves in need of a locksmith in emergency situations or inconvenient times, the process of looking for the right locksmith can even become stressful. Yet, no matter when or why you need a locksmith, it’s important to choose a fully qualified, professional and trustworthy locksmith company.
4C’s to selecting a good locksmith in Melbourne
Here are the 4 C’s to consider when selecting a locksmith in Melbourne:
- Certification. Choose a certified locksmith in Melbourne. Being a locksmith is a highly specialized job. It requires high-level education and skills. Elect a qualified locksmith who has the experience, know-how, and credibility. Selecting a fully qualified Master Locksmith guarantees that the locksmith you are entrusting your security to has been thoroughly trained. Look for the MLAA logo and cross-check the company on the MLAA website.
The Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia (MLAA) is composed of the master locksmiths in Australia and New Zealand. The MLAA provides network access on qualified, professional locksmiths and gives support through additional information about how to secure the important things.
- Convenience. Pick a local locksmith that attends to your need in minutes, not hours. It is essential that the locksmith you call has a physical address located in your area. Check them on the map or in published listings. Be careful because there are heaps of locksmith services advertised online claiming ‘local’ when they aren’t.
- Cost. Hire a locksmith that tells you how much they charge for their services. Do not opt for the cheapest options because as most people know – cheap becomes most expensive in the long term. Do not hire a locksmith who charges the earth for locks. Be wary of jumping at the first proposal. It is best to contact several locksmith companies and talk to your friends, family, and colleagues. Shop around and get different quotes.
- Customer-first. Choose a locksmith that has an excellent track record of happy customers. The best locksmiths are very reputable and provide excellent customer service at all times. Take the time to read a few reviews online to check the reputation of any locksmith service you’re interested in using.
LocksUnlimited is a master locksmith and is an MLAA certified locksmith. We are your local locksmiths on the move 24/7 trusted around Melbourne for more than 25 years. To get an idea of our service charge, rates and fees, click here.
Letter Box Keys and Locks
In Melbourne, most apartments, units, and homes have key locked letter boxes. Missing letters is a common everyday case. Spare front door keys or any keys for that matter are even taken out from these letter boxes. So, never leave your house or car keys in your letter box.
If you happen to lose your keys or had them stolen our mobile locksmiths at LocksUnlimited can bring service to your door and replace or just make new keys for your letter box lock – pronto! Supply and installation of a letter box lock will cost around $99 – $125 for a quality cam lock. It is also possible to better the letter box lock using a pin tumbler style key lock with the option to have security keys fitted also.
Security keys are a lot more difficult to pick open and very difficult to defeat with a screw driver. Cost is $225, fitted. It is also possible to have a digital combination lock installed to a letter box. These digital combination locks have a three number code system and you can pick your own number.
If you would like to get very fancy there is a lock available that will open using your mobile phone. Ask LocksUnlimited about it today.
How Much Does a Melbourne Locksmith Cost?
A Simple Price Guide for Hiring a Locksmith in Melbourne
Getting locked out of your own house or car or losing or misplacing your keys can happen anytime. So, it is expedient to have on-hand the phone number of a dependable Melbourne locksmith. Having a locksmith on your phone book can resolve your security predicament. A qualified locksmith like LocksUnlimited can help you fast!
What most people will ask is ‘how much does a locksmith charge?’
Whilst price is not always equal to quality, it can be a deal breaker for most customers. Knowing the price helps people to budget and decide if it a service they want to get. Below is the cost of our services. We hope it will give you an idea about locksmith service costs in Melbourne.
Prices, Charges, and Fees
Our basic locksmith service fees are listed below.
LocksUnlimited offers a complete range of locksmith services and locksmith products in Melbourne and around Melbourne surrounding suburbs.
If you have any questions regarding a specific service that is not found on this list or if your case is somewhat special, please feel free to give LocksUnlimited a call. We are happy to provide a free quote or advice on the best solution to suit your needs and come to you, anytime – all the time.
All work performed by LocksUnlimited is covered by warranty. The products we use are covered by the manufacturer’s terms (most have 12 months warranty) and all labour is covered by a 3-month warranty.
Business Hours Locksmith Service Fees
Melbourne and suburbs Service Call Price: From $65.00 Plus GST
- Re-key Lock Price: From $15.00 Plus GST (includes the first two keys – $20 value)
- Fit Key to Lock Price: $25 (includes the first two keys – $20 value)
- Repairs to Locks Price**: Minimum $66 labour plus parts (depends on time required to do the repair)
Business Hours Lockout Fees (All below prices include GST)
- Standard Automotive Lockout Price: From $99 (including service call)
- Domestic & Commercial Lockout Price: From $99 (including service call)
For after hours emergency locksmith inquiries, including price, please call 1300 303 720 and speak directly to our 24/7 qualified locksmiths. We will assist you with your inquiry.
Experience top locksmith service in Melbourne, fast. We work quickly and we don’t mess about.
*The above locksmith costs are based on standard non-restricted locks, keys, and basic vehicles. Non-standard applications may vary in price so it is always recommended to discuss pricing with our locksmith before starting or when booking the job. We are more than happy to provide a quote before commencing work. Business hours 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Mon – Fri. Sat 8:30am to 12:30pm.
**Prices provided for repairs are based on an average cost. The price may vary depending on the complexity of the repair. It’s always best to ask for an estimate when our locksmith arrives on site.
To Rekey or to Replace key, that is the question?
Most LocksUnlimited customers want us to change their locks thinking it is their only option. But did you know that there is the rekey possibility? Do you know the difference between rekeying and replacing locks?
To rekey or replace?
At LocksUnlimited, being good locksmiths, we take it as our responsibility to primarily assess whether a customer just needs to rekey locks or need to replace the locks completely. Many of our customers aren’t even aware that there is an option or which one is best for them. In most cases, as many as 16 keys would operate a single home’s lock. Many locks can be rekeyed and kept in service some can even be made to function better.
So, what does rekeying a lock mean?
Rekeying is simply adjusting the parts of the lock so that it functions with a different key, without of course compromising the security of your home. This sounds simple, but if you are not a professional locksmith or a well-trained locksmith, this can be difficult to accomplish. You can rekey a lock yourself. Today many lock manufacturers make rekeying kits found at any local home improvement stores. But if you are DIY challenged, you may want to leave the job to a professional locksmith. It is best to give your local locksmith a call.
When is it best to rekey locks?
- For instances when you are not sure how many keys are out there that may open your lock
Benefits of rekeying locks
- Cheaper than replacing locks
- Can be quicker than replacing locks
- No upkeeps and works to your door
When is it best to replace locks?
- When locks are not properly working or malfunctioning
- Locks can grow are old and tired and worn and beyond rekeying
- For locks that are vintage or antique locksets (can pose special problems as parts maybe hard to find)
- When you want to do some security upgrade (staying up to date with the latest locking hardware in the market)
- For aesthetic reasons (finding a door lock that matches the finish of your interior design)
LocksUnlimited recommends having locks alternated at least every few years just to maintain optimal functioning. But whether you rekey a lock or replacing a lock it is up to you. Your local locksmiths here at LocksUnlimited are happy to help you with either choice. We offer high quality door locks and specialist installation services to help protect you and your family.
Locksmith Scams Are Real Trust only a Professional Locksmith
This video was produced by ABC News years back yet still very interesting. Watch this investigative video and learn the lessons on how to avoid being scammed by con artist posing as master locksmiths.
We at LocksUnlimited never scam customers out for money. We do our best to help our clients save money.
The price we quote is the price you pay. Very few times we ever have to drill open a door to get in a locked house unless the lock is broken prior to us coming over to help you unlock your door. We are trusted locksmith in Melbourne with 25 years experience.
Call us today at 1300 303 720
Have you seen our LocksUnlimited Video?
We are LocksUnlimited. Your mobile locksmiths in Melbourne. We are available and open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. We service all Melbourne suburbs. Call us anytime at 1300 303 720.
LocksUnlimited is your ‘local locksmith on the move’.